Malaysian Taking Bus Ride to Singapore along with Bed Bugs!

Source : World of Buzz

The yearly journey back to our hometowns for CNY may not always be the easiest, but this poor lady had it much harder than most! A Malaysian girl was afflicted with a painful outbreak of rashes and blisters after taking the bus to Singapore from her hometown of Taiping, on February 6. Upon diagnosis, bed bugs were found to be the cause, which were most likely hiding within the seats.

According to a post uploaded by her brother, the incident had occurred while the female passenger was sitting in the seats numbered 14 and 15 (middle row), on a Starmart bus with the car plate AKX15. He advised everyone to be aware for the sake of their health, and shared pictures of the bus ticket as well as his sister’s injuries.

In a report by China Press, it was also learned that the passenger was bitten in over 40 places on her body, from her neck, face to her hands and feet. Worse still, over 10 of those injuries started blistering, resulting in the passenger having to rush back to Malaysia to seek medical help. Imagine how you’d feel if that happened to you.

Sadly, this is far from the first time Starmart has been in the news for the wrong reasons. The bus service, which is headquartered in Taiping and services daily routes between Peninsular Malaysia and Singapore, has already been the subject of several bed bug complaints that went viral on social media in the past, dating as far back as 2016. We wonder why there hasn’t been any action taken yet!

Read more at World of Buzz!

Big Rat filmed scamper in the kitchen!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

From The Star Online

SINGAPORE (The Straits Times/Asia News Network): Australian customers of popular restaurant chain Din Tai Fung were left rattled after spotting a big rat scurrying across the kitchen in a Sydney outlet.

The rodent was captured on video running across the counter-top of the outlet at Westfield Sydney shopping mall in Pitt Street, local media reports said.

In the viral video, a man’s voice could be heard saying: “You don’t see the rat?”

It is not clear when the footage was taken, but it surfaced online on Thursday (Jan 31).

The Sydney Morning Herald, quoting a City of Sydney spokesman, said on Friday (Feb 1) that the city’s central business district has noted a recent rise in rat sightings due to an “unprecedented number of major demolition and construction works”.

Just last week, a video showing four rats scampering across the floor at fast-food restaurant Oporto in Sydney had gone viral.

In a statement to 9 News Australia, Din Tai Fung said that it takes the incident very seriously and has since activated pest control specialists to inspect and disinfect the premises.

Din Tai Fung added that it is conducting thorough investigations into the incident and told customers that “we can do even better”.

According to The Sydney Morning Herald, an environmental health officer had inspected the restaurant on Thursday.

The restaurant was issued a prohibition order on its business, which means that it can reopen only following a satisfactory inspection.

Din Tai Fung was founded in 1958 and started off as a cooking oil retail business before it was reborn in 1972 as a restaurant selling noodles and soup dumplings.

It is famous for its xiao long bao, or steamed pork dumplings.

Over the years, it has made a mark in cities across South-East Asia, East Asia, the United States and United Arab Emirates. It has 22 outlets in Singapore.

In December last year, Din Tai Fung opened its first outlet in Britain at London’s iconic Covent Garden to much fanfare. – The Straits Times/Asia News Network